Tuesday 18 November 2014

Governor Visit

I spent a good afternoon in school today seeing the Children in their learning environment.  The plan was to do a short work/job presentation to year 5 when they arrived back from their trip to "Streetwise" in Poole, but they arrived back too late and I have promised to rearrange for another day.  I did give them a quick 5 minute introduction to myself and what I was going to show them, which was great and they were very quick to ask some pretty smart questions, so I am anticipating a very interactive session when I go back.
 
I also got to do a quick visit around the school with Carol Brown and chat to some of the children about what they were learning - it was great to have them so willingly engage me in what they were doing and nice to see them so enthusiastic about it too.  Thank you to those teachers on whose class we popped into - much appreciated.
 
Finally, as the Governor for Maths I got some good discussion time with Nick Osborne to talk about the new Maths Curriculum and how it was being rolled out with teachers and pupils at school.  There is clearly lots to do and bits still to clarify - particularly around performance marking - but there is a plan in place and the children have a great set of teachers to lead them through it all.
 
Until next time,  bye for now - Trevor Keep - Chair of Governors

No comments: